Published: 00:00 GMT Standard Time - Friday 21 January 2011
“Christmas is evil” claims radicals’ poster campaign
Country/Region: United Kingdom, Europe
Police have been investigating allegations of religious hate crime in Tower Hamlets following complaints about an anti-Christmas poster campaign by an Islamic group.
The posters, which were displayed in parts of London over the festive season, claim that Christmas is responsible for a litany of problems including sexually transmitted diseases, rape, teenage pregnancies, abortion, promiscuity, crime, paedophilia, paganism, domestic violence, homelessness, vandalism, alcohol and drugs. Another offence of Christmas, it states, is “claiming God has a son”.
In an apparent attempt to persuade people to convert, the group claims that “in Islam we are protected from all these evils”. But proclaiming the supposed virtues of Islam, they turn a blind eye to the similar problems that are prevalent in Muslim societies, including the most hardline.
This anti-Christian campaign has been condemned by a local MP and the local council. It remains to be seen what action the police will take in response to what normally would be treated as a major hate crime.
Please note: We have no control over other websites and links do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the said linked website(s).
Read 'Christmas is evil': Muslim group launches poster campaign against festive period - Daily Mail article 23.12.2010
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Barnabas weekly newsletter 10 June 2011 - 3 years ago
- 2Barnabas weekly newsletter 17 June 2011 - 3 years ago
- 3Barnabas weekly newsletter 01 July 2011 - 3 years ago
- 4Barnabas weekly newsletter 19 August 2011 - 3 years ago
- 5Barnabas weekly newsletter 30 September 2011 - 3 years ago
- 6ACTS Christianity pack for UK schools
- 7Operation Nehemiah: News Update #153 - 2 months ago
- 8Operation Nehemiah: News update #75 - 2 years ago
- 9Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #40 - 3 years ago
- 10Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #34 - 3 years ago