Published: 09:30 GMT Standard Time - Monday 21 March 2011
Have you signed the Halal Petition?
Country/Region: Europe, United Kingdom
Operation Nehemiah’s Halal Petition will be delivered to the Government in May as part of our campaign calling for halal food to be clearly labelled, and for non-halal alternatives to be available for consumers.
The European Union will also be challenged after it vetoed a new measure that would have required halal (and other) meat products to be labelled if the animal was not stunned before slaughter.
The campaign follows revelations that supermarkets, restaurants and schools are serving meat that has been ritually slaughtered, prepared and transported in accordance with sharia, often without the public’s knowledge. Over recent months Operation Nehemiah has also reported on an active agenda to integrate halal meat into the mainstream market and extend it to non-Muslims.
Click here for more information about the petition and
Download a printable PDF version of the petition here.(please return by 30 April)
Other Halal articles
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Halal petition
- 2Halal petition
- 3Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #6 - 4 years ago
- 4Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #6 - 4 years ago
- 5Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #8 - 4 years ago
- 6Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #8 - 4 years ago
- 7Should Christians eat halal meat? - 4 years ago
- 8Should Christians eat halal meat? - 4 years ago
- 9Barnabas weekly newsletter 07 January 2011 - 4 years ago
- 10Barnabas weekly newsletter 07 January 2011 - 4 years ago