Published: 10:00 GMT Daylight Time - Thursday 26 May 2011
More Afghan converts request your support
Country/Region: Afghanistan, South and East Asia
Barnabas Aid is calling for renewed intervention on behalf of Afghan converts in India who risk execution for apostasy in Afghanistan if they are refused refugee status by the United Nations High Commission for Refugees. This call follows a similar request in February from partners working among Afghan refugee Christians for people to write to UNHCR to support their applications for refugee status, on the grounds that if they are not protected from deportation back to Afghanistan they risk arrest and possible execution for apostasy under that country's sharia-based law. The seven new cases causing concern involve a total of thirteen people.
Please write to UNHCR in support of the refugee appeals of Aman, Rahimullah, Hos, Moh, Roh, Haq, San and their dependents. We have prepared a template that you may wish to use as a basis for your letter.
- 1Barnabas weekly newsletter 07 January 2011 - 3 years ago
- 2Barnabas weekly newsletter 18 February 2011 - 3 years ago
- 3UNHCR Afghan refugee letter template - May 2011 - 3 years ago
- 4US Quran-burning backlash spreads to Afghanistan - 3 years ago
- 5Afghan convert Said Musa is free! - 3 years ago
- 6Christians facing death in Afghanistan denied refuge - 3 years ago
- 7Afghan convert’s letter from prison - 3 years ago
- 8UNHCR Afghan refugee letter template - 3 years ago
- 9Barnabas launches campaign for Afghan converts to Christianity - 3 years ago
- 10Save Afghan converts to Christianity - template letter - 3 years ago