Published: 10:58 GMT Standard Time - Friday 28 January 2011
Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #11
Country/Region: United Kingdom, Europe, Australia
Row brewing over halal meat regulation
"An organisation which licenses companies dealing in halal meat has been accused of bullying the firms it regulates.
The Halal Monitoring Committee (HMC) was set up in 2003 in Leicester, with the aim of carrying out inspections in abattoirs and meat wholesalers and to monitor butchers. In return the businesses would be given a HMC licence - and pay a monthly fee.
Some retailers have complained the HMC is too heavy-handed, uses bullying tactics to get them to join the scheme and are just in it to make money."
Read full BBC article
"Let the Muslims take over", says Islamic preacher
An Australian-born convert to Islam is urging Muslims to speak out against democracy and push for sharia law in Australia.
Ibrahim Siddiq-Conlon formed Sharia4Australia last year with objectives that include advising elected governments that they have no authority to rule and educating non-Muslims about the benefits of sharia. "One day Australia will live under sharia; it's inevitable", he claims.
Read full The Australian article
Our magazine - Barnabas aid
- 1Barnabas weekly newsletter 07 January 2011 - 3 years ago
- 2Barnabas weekly newsletter 02 March 2011 - 3 years ago
- 3Barnabas weekly newsletter 14 March 2011 - 3 years ago
- 4Barnabas weekly newsletter 25 March 2011 - 3 years ago
- 5Barnabas weekly newsletter 01 April 2011 - 3 years ago
- 6Barnabas weekly newsletter 15 April 2011 - 3 years ago
- 7Barnabas weekly newsletter 28 April 2011 - 3 years ago
- 8Barnabas weekly newsletter 06 May 2011 - 3 years ago
- 9Barnabas weekly newsletter 01 July 2011 - 3 years ago
- 10Operation Nehemiah: News and Prayer Update #30 - 3 years ago